We have made changes to this site.
If you are an existing Carbon Market News or Carbon Market Research user, please continue logging in to your product on this site as usual.
For any other product or information, please click here: thomsonreuters.com/articles/2014/point-carbon
01 Sep 2014 15:08
LONDON, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Big emitting industries and poorer eastern member states in the European Union could get tens of billions of euros in additional funds next decade to help them meet the bloc’s 2030 energy and climate goals, a draft EU document showed.
01 Sep 2014 18:33
LONDON, Sept 1 (Reuters) - European carbon prices edged higher on Monday after buyers returned to the market following a quiet August to absorb an increase in supply from government auctions of carbon permits.
31 Aug 2014 10:32
BEIJING, Aug 31 (Reuters) - China plans to roll out its national market for carbon permit trading in 2016, an official said Sunday, adding that the government is close to finalising rules for what will be the world's biggest emissions trading scheme.
- EU carbon prices edge higher as buyers return 01 Sep 14 18:33
- More cash for EU industry, eastern states in 2030 climate goals- draft 01 Sep 14 15:08
- China's national carbon market to start in 2016 -official 31 Aug 14 10:32
- Brazil presidential candidate Silva would put a price on carbon 30 Aug 14 01:15
- EU carbon dips as traders brace for supply spike 29 Aug 14 19:01
- No economic reason to delay climate action - global commission 29 Aug 14 16:07
- NZ carbon hits 11-week high on pre-election nerves 29 Aug 14 06:38
- Shenzhen carbon market allows trades to be settled in foreign currencies 29 Aug 14 04:36
- Power producer Duke Energy to retire coal-fired plants in Ohio 29 Aug 14 02:57
- EU carbon edges higher as fatter power profits lure bulls 28 Aug 14 18:56
08 Jul 14
In this report we construct three global emissions scenarios based upon possible outcomes of the 2015 climate summit in Paris. We find that none of our scenarios is likely to achieve the international goal of limiting global warming to two degrees. Global emissions reductions would need to be at least one and a half times greater than Europe's 2030 proposal to stay within the two degree carbon budget this century.
- Paris 2015 - will the Climate Potluck be low-carbon enough? 08 Jul 14
- CARBON 2014 - Into smoother waters? 22 May 14
- Beijing’s Airpocalypse: how will new policies affect carbon emissions? 13 Mar 14
- Winds of Reform: Examining the design parameters of the Market Stability Reserve 04 Mar 14
- Carbon Market Outlook 2014 - 2016: Steady does it 26 Feb 14
05 Aug 14
While we think recent proposals to delay or remove the inclusion of transportation fuels do not have sufficient political backing to be successful, we can examine the price impact this action would have. Delaying the inclusion of gasoline to 2018 would only slightly lower the relative shortage in the market, so that allowances prices would be only modestly impacted. Exempting gasoline through 2020, however, would result in a market oversupplied with allowances through 2020 which would lead to significant downward price pressure on allowances relative to the current situation.
- Siphoning gas from California’s cap-and-trade program 05 Aug 14
- The CDM EB80: $10 million deficit and new improvements for CDM operation 22 Jul 14
- Will anybody say farewell to the CDM if deregistration is approved? 17 Jul 14
- Carbon Pricing Mechanism – a closed chapter 17 Jul 14
- Ukrainian ETS: One step closer? 15 Jul 14