We have made changes to this site.
If you are an existing Carbon Market News or Carbon Market Research user, please continue logging in to your product on this site as usual.
For any other product or information, please click here: thomsonreuters.com/articles/2014/point-carbon.
24 Jul 2014 06:19
BEIJING, July 24 (Reuters) - Carbon prices in China's Tianjin crumbled to the lowest level recorded in any of the seven pilot emission markets launched by the country, ahead of Friday's compliance deadline, sparking calls for the government to cut the amount of permits.
24 Jul 2014 10:24
BERKELEY, Calif., July 23 (Reuters) - An overwhelming majority of California residents support the state's mandate for reducing heat-trapping greenhouse gas emissions, so long as they do not bear the higher costs of cleaner energy themselves, a new public opinion poll shows.
24 Jul 2014 12:30
BEIJING, July 24 (Reuters) - China has picked seven provinces to host pilot markets for trade in water rights, as the government battles a spreading water crisis that threatens to curtail economic growth and hurt food production.
- China to roll out seven pilot markets for trading water rights 24 Jul 14 12:30
- For Californians, higher costs dampen support for clean energy 24 Jul 14 10:24
- Tianjin's carbon prices hit record low this week, over-allocation worries grow 24 Jul 14 06:19
- Vattenfall says tough conditions linger as underlying profit falls 23 Jul 14 17:47
- UPDATE 2: EU approves UK capacity market, renewable support scheme 23 Jul 14 15:43
- EPA chief in hot seat as lawmakers dissect carbon rule 23 Jul 14 13:09
- EU bosses outline energy savings goal to cut need for Russian gas 23 Jul 14 13:08
- France backs 30 percent energy efficiency goal -letter 22 Jul 14 21:20
- China warns against "blind" rush to build coal-to-gas plants 22 Jul 14 11:56
- UPDATE 1-Britain sticks with tough carbon target despite opposition 22 Jul 14 11:55
08 Jul 14
In this report we construct three global emissions scenarios based upon possible outcomes of the 2015 climate summit in Paris. We find that none of our scenarios is likely to achieve the international goal of limiting global warming to two degrees. Global emissions reductions would need to be at least one and a half times greater than Europe's 2030 proposal to stay within the two degree carbon budget this century.
- Paris 2015 - will the Climate Potluck be low-carbon enough? 08 Jul 14
- CARBON 2014 - Into smoother waters? 22 May 14
- Beijing’s Airpocalypse: how will new policies affect carbon emissions? 13 Mar 14
- Winds of Reform: Examining the design parameters of the Market Stability Reserve 04 Mar 14
- Carbon Market Outlook 2014 - 2016: Steady does it 26 Feb 14
22 Jul 14
Among other issues addressed at its 80th meeting last week, the Board revised the implementation of the management plan (MAP) for H1 2014. As a part of the MAP the Board revealed the state of current CDM-related incomes and expenditures, which resulted in a 10 USD million deficit. Furthermore, only one project case (a PoA) was presented for the Board’s consideration and no issuance cases were considered. The Board approved a number of PoA-related amendments to the CDM standards including streamlining technology approval for small- and microscale PoAs and facilitating post-registration changes to PoAs that introduce less-emitting technologies. At the same time another batch of CDM standards revisions (including deregistration rules) were further delayed, as the Board provided more amendments to be included in these documents. Besides the deregistration case, another key issue to be adopted is providing more flexibility for local stakeholders to engage in the course of a CDM project even after the local stakeholder consultation is over.
- The CDM EB80: $10 million deficit and new improvements for CDM operation 22 Jul 14
- Will anybody say farewell to the CDM if deregistration is approved? 17 Jul 14
- Carbon Pricing Mechanism – a closed chapter 17 Jul 14
- Ukrainian ETS: One step closer? 15 Jul 14
- A hedge by any other name: banking in California 14 Jul 14