We have made changes to this site.
If you are an existing Carbon Market News or Carbon Market Research user, please continue logging in to your product on this site as usual.
For any other product or information, please click here: thomsonreuters.com/articles/2014/point-carbon.
29 Jul 2014 20:43
LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - European Union member states will sell a total 9.3 million aviation carbon permits across five auctions starting in September, the European Commission said on Tuesday, resuming sales following a near two-year hiatus.
29 Jul 2014 13:30
WASHINGTON, July 29 (Reuters) - The Environmental Protection Agency starts public hearings on Tuesday on its proposal to slash carbon emissions from the country's power plants, and coal miners to U.S. senators are expected to comment on the proposed rules.
29 Jul 2014 13:36
WASHINGTON, July 29 (Reuters) - Putting off expensive measures to curb climate change will only cost the United States more in the long run, the White House said on Tuesday in a report meant to bolster a series of actions President Barack Obama has proposed to address global warming.
- EU sets dates for resumption of aviation carbon permit sales 29 Jul 14 20:43
- EU carbon prices drop on Russia sanction news 29 Jul 14 18:32
- Act now on climate change or see costs soar, White House says 29 Jul 14 13:36
- U.S. EPA launches hearings on power plant carbon rules 29 Jul 14 13:30
- German renewables meet 28.5 pct of power use in first half 29 Jul 14 12:18
- Power producer Drax H1 earnings fall 15 pct on carbon tax 29 Jul 14 09:29
- California and Mexico sign pact to fight climate change 29 Jul 14 03:34
- EU carbon prices climb to 4-month high 28 Jul 14 17:39
- Shanghai carbon market cut 5 mln tonnes of CO2 - paper 28 Jul 14 14:54
- INTERVIEW: U.S. envoy to U.N. aviation body hopeful on airline climate plan 28 Jul 14 14:47
08 Jul 14
In this report we construct three global emissions scenarios based upon possible outcomes of the 2015 climate summit in Paris. We find that none of our scenarios is likely to achieve the international goal of limiting global warming to two degrees. Global emissions reductions would need to be at least one and a half times greater than Europe's 2030 proposal to stay within the two degree carbon budget this century.
- Paris 2015 - will the Climate Potluck be low-carbon enough? 08 Jul 14
- CARBON 2014 - Into smoother waters? 22 May 14
- Beijing’s Airpocalypse: how will new policies affect carbon emissions? 13 Mar 14
- Winds of Reform: Examining the design parameters of the Market Stability Reserve 04 Mar 14
- Carbon Market Outlook 2014 - 2016: Steady does it 26 Feb 14
22 Jul 14
Among other issues addressed at its 80th meeting last week, the Board revised the implementation of the management plan (MAP) for H1 2014. As a part of the MAP the Board revealed the state of current CDM-related incomes and expenditures, which resulted in a 10 USD million deficit. Furthermore, only one project case (a PoA) was presented for the Board’s consideration and no issuance cases were considered. The Board approved a number of PoA-related amendments to the CDM standards including streamlining technology approval for small- and microscale PoAs and facilitating post-registration changes to PoAs that introduce less-emitting technologies. At the same time another batch of CDM standards revisions (including deregistration rules) were further delayed, as the Board provided more amendments to be included in these documents. Besides the deregistration case, another key issue to be adopted is providing more flexibility for local stakeholders to engage in the course of a CDM project even after the local stakeholder consultation is over.
- The CDM EB80: $10 million deficit and new improvements for CDM operation 22 Jul 14
- Will anybody say farewell to the CDM if deregistration is approved? 17 Jul 14
- Carbon Pricing Mechanism – a closed chapter 17 Jul 14
- Ukrainian ETS: One step closer? 15 Jul 14
- A hedge by any other name: banking in California 14 Jul 14