We have made changes to this site.
If you are an existing Carbon Market News or Carbon Market Research user, please continue logging in to your product on this site as usual.
For any other product or information, please click here: thomsonreuters.com/articles/2014/point-carbon
20 Sep 2014 01:37
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - California will hold its first carbon permit auction with the Canadian province of Quebec on Nov. 19, a milestone for the state’s nearly two-year-old climate change program, officials said on Friday.
19 Sep 2014 19:43
LONDON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - European carbon prices were poised to end the week almost flat after buyers stepped in to lift prices from six-week lows and restore optimism that supply curbs would drive further gains.
19 Sep 2014 19:00
WASHINGTON, Sept 18 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will highlight strides the United States has made on climate change when he addresses a major U.N. climate summit next week, senior administration officials said on Thursday.
- California to begin selling CO2 permits with Quebec in November 20 Sep 14 01:37
- EU carbon tops 6 euros as buyers lend support 19 Sep 14 19:43
- Obama to tout US climate plan at UN summit 19 Sep 14 19:00
- NZ carbon dips slightly as election looms 19 Sep 14 08:57
- China cautious on fresh commitments ahead of climate change summit 19 Sep 14 07:53
- Germany to cut support for overseas coal plants 18 Sep 14 15:20
- Guangdong to auction 2 mln carbon permits on Sept 26 18 Sep 14 14:00
- Global investors urge leaders to act on carbon pricing ahead of U.N. meeting 18 Sep 14 13:51
- White House proposes new energy efficiency rule in climate push 18 Sep 14 13:43
- China to consider requests to issue carbon offsets next week 18 Sep 14 11:54
08 Jul 14
In this report we construct three global emissions scenarios based upon possible outcomes of the 2015 climate summit in Paris. We find that none of our scenarios is likely to achieve the international goal of limiting global warming to two degrees. Global emissions reductions would need to be at least one and a half times greater than Europe's 2030 proposal to stay within the two degree carbon budget this century.
- Paris 2015 - will the Climate Potluck be low-carbon enough? 08 Jul 14
- CARBON 2014 - Into smoother waters? 22 May 14
- Beijing’s Airpocalypse: how will new policies affect carbon emissions? 13 Mar 14
- Winds of Reform: Examining the design parameters of the Market Stability Reserve 04 Mar 14
- Carbon Market Outlook 2014 - 2016: Steady does it 26 Feb 14
19 Sep 14
California state agencies recently presented results of a preliminary analysis of the state’s 2030 electricity generation and emissions. The results show that California can comply with the proposed federal Clean Power Plan without additional policies. If this result holds, we expect the state will be free to plan the post-2020 fate of its cap-and-trade program without being constrained by the federal emissions regulation.
- California already on the path to comply with EPA power plant rules 19 Sep 14
- Webinar: Themes in global carbon markets 17 Sep 14
- IT’S ALL ABOUT 2030 – AN EVENTFUL EU POLICY AUTUMN AHEAD 05 Sep 14
- Siphoning gas from California’s cap-and-trade program 05 Aug 14
- The CDM EB80: $10 million deficit and new improvements for CDM operation 22 Jul 14