We have made changes to this site.
If you are an existing Carbon Market News or Carbon Market Research user, please continue logging in to your product on this site as usual.
For any other product or information, please click here: thomsonreuters.com/articles/2014/point-carbon
16 Sep 2014 11:18
OSLO/LONDON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Investments to help fight climate change can also spur economic growth, rather than slow it as widely feared, but time is running short for a trillion-dollar shift to transform cities and energy use, an international report said on Tuesday.
15 Sep 2014 18:35
LONDON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - European carbon prices closed below 6 euros for the first time in a month on Monday as weaker power prices stoked concerns about a lack of demand from utilities.
15 Sep 2014 13:43
LONDON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Barclays’ former lead carbon trader, made redundant by the British investment bank last week, has joined a London-based start-up firm founded by a former colleague.
- Slowing climate change makes economic sense; cities to lead- study 16 Sep 14 11:18
- European investment hinges on new EU team- Voestalpine CEO 15 Sep 14 18:42
- EU carbon slips below 6 euros on utility demand fears 15 Sep 14 18:35
- Barclays' lead carbon trader joins former colleague's new firm 15 Sep 14 13:43
- China plans cut in wind-power subsidies -business newspaper 15 Sep 14 10:20
- Big firms brace for global carbon price rollout -report 15 Sep 14 07:48
- Development banks pledge to step up climate action 12 Sep 14 16:08
- Warmer air caused ice shelf collapse off Antarctica 12 Sep 14 15:59
- NZ carbon rallies on U.N. offset cut-off expectations 12 Sep 14 06:27
- S.Korea increases emissions cap in proposed carbon trading scheme 11 Sep 14 10:45
08 Jul 14
In this report we construct three global emissions scenarios based upon possible outcomes of the 2015 climate summit in Paris. We find that none of our scenarios is likely to achieve the international goal of limiting global warming to two degrees. Global emissions reductions would need to be at least one and a half times greater than Europe's 2030 proposal to stay within the two degree carbon budget this century.
- Paris 2015 - will the Climate Potluck be low-carbon enough? 08 Jul 14
- CARBON 2014 - Into smoother waters? 22 May 14
- Beijing’s Airpocalypse: how will new policies affect carbon emissions? 13 Mar 14
- Winds of Reform: Examining the design parameters of the Market Stability Reserve 04 Mar 14
- Carbon Market Outlook 2014 - 2016: Steady does it 26 Feb 14
05 Sep 14
Key policy processes this autumn are essentially about the post 2020 period. An early implementation of the Market Stability Reserve is the only issue that might have an impact in phase 3, and policymakers and stakeholder alike focus on the framework until 2030. This report takes stock of the main EU policy events this autumn, and includes an analysis of the leaked draft conclusions for the October Council.
- IT’S ALL ABOUT 2030 – AN EVENTFUL EU POLICY AUTUMN AHEAD 05 Sep 14
- Siphoning gas from California’s cap-and-trade program 05 Aug 14
- The CDM EB80: $10 million deficit and new improvements for CDM operation 22 Jul 14
- Will anybody say farewell to the CDM if deregistration is approved? 17 Jul 14
- Carbon Pricing Mechanism – a closed chapter 17 Jul 14