We have made changes to this site.
If you are an existing Carbon Market News or Carbon Market Research user, please continue logging in to your product on this site as usual.
For any other product or information, please click here: thomsonreuters.com/articles/2014/point-carbon.
01 Aug 2014 17:53
LONDON, Aug 1 (Reuters) - European Union carbon allowance auctions held last month attracted on average the fewest bidders since 2012 as utility buying remained below last year’s levels and returns from investing in Europe’s emission market fell.
01 Aug 2014 16:55
LONDON, Aug 1 (Reuters) - European carbon prices reached their highest level since March 17 on Friday as traders bet that fatter profit margins for utilities and a month of reduced auction volumes would spur further gains.
31 Jul 2014 19:59
LONDON, July 31 (Reuters) - Manufacturers in the European Union want clear assurances they will be insulated from costs of complying with emissions regulations before lawmakers agree reforms to the bloc’s carbon market, industry lobby group IFIEC Europe said on Thursday.
- Bidders in EU carbon auctions fall to fewest since 2012 01 Aug 14 17:53
- EU carbon hits 4.5-mth high on supply curb, power bets 01 Aug 14 16:55
- NZ carbon drops fifth straight week as new supply offered 01 Aug 14 08:18
- EU must shield industry from future CO2 costs- manufacturers 31 Jul 14 19:59
- IMF urges higher energy taxes to fight climate change 31 Jul 14 17:40
- Centrica first-half profits fall 35 pct on weather woes 31 Jul 14 11:15
- China regulator approves fresh supply for carbon market 31 Jul 14 11:14
- EU carbon prices rise 1.8 pct higher ahead of supply cut 30 Jul 14 18:24
- German environment agency calls for rules preventing fracking 30 Jul 14 18:19
- EU sets dates for resumption of aviation carbon permit sales 29 Jul 14 20:43
08 Jul 14
In this report we construct three global emissions scenarios based upon possible outcomes of the 2015 climate summit in Paris. We find that none of our scenarios is likely to achieve the international goal of limiting global warming to two degrees. Global emissions reductions would need to be at least one and a half times greater than Europe's 2030 proposal to stay within the two degree carbon budget this century.
- Paris 2015 - will the Climate Potluck be low-carbon enough? 08 Jul 14
- CARBON 2014 - Into smoother waters? 22 May 14
- Beijing’s Airpocalypse: how will new policies affect carbon emissions? 13 Mar 14
- Winds of Reform: Examining the design parameters of the Market Stability Reserve 04 Mar 14
- Carbon Market Outlook 2014 - 2016: Steady does it 26 Feb 14
22 Jul 14
Among other issues addressed at its 80th meeting last week, the Board revised the implementation of the management plan (MAP) for H1 2014. As a part of the MAP the Board revealed the state of current CDM-related incomes and expenditures, which resulted in a 10 USD million deficit. Furthermore, only one project case (a PoA) was presented for the Board’s consideration and no issuance cases were considered. The Board approved a number of PoA-related amendments to the CDM standards including streamlining technology approval for small- and microscale PoAs and facilitating post-registration changes to PoAs that introduce less-emitting technologies. At the same time another batch of CDM standards revisions (including deregistration rules) were further delayed, as the Board provided more amendments to be included in these documents. Besides the deregistration case, another key issue to be adopted is providing more flexibility for local stakeholders to engage in the course of a CDM project even after the local stakeholder consultation is over.
- The CDM EB80: $10 million deficit and new improvements for CDM operation 22 Jul 14
- Will anybody say farewell to the CDM if deregistration is approved? 17 Jul 14
- Carbon Pricing Mechanism – a closed chapter 17 Jul 14
- Ukrainian ETS: One step closer? 15 Jul 14
- A hedge by any other name: banking in California 14 Jul 14