Carbon Market News
07 Mar 2014 20:46
WASHINGTON/SAN FRANCISCO, March 7 (Reuters) - The price for power plants to emit 1 ton of carbon dioxide in nine northeastern U.S. states cleared at a record $4 per short ton at the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative’s (RGGI) 23rd permit auction, the market's administrator said Friday.
08 Mar 2014 00:11
SAO PAULO, March 7 (Reuters) - Costa Rica's leading opposition group, PAC, expected to win a four-year presidential term next month, will drop the country's commitment to carbon neutrality by 2021, an official said.
07 Mar 2014 19:43
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - Reforming the European Union's Emissions Trading System (ETS) before 2021 could add almost 40 percent to average European carbon prices, Thomson Reuters Point Carbon analysts said on Friday.
07 Mar 2014 17:31
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - Europe's carbon market is still vulnerable to fraud some five years after authorities uncovered illegal activities estimated to have cost EU governments more than 5 billion euros, the risk manager of the Dutch Emissions Authority said on Thursday.
07 Mar 2014 17:04
BRUSSELS/LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - EU diplomats on Friday unanimously backed a deal to exempt long-haul flights from paying for carbon emissions until the end of 2016, but it still needs to win approval from the European Parliament.
07 Mar 2014 16:36
LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - Italy, Romania and Spain have begun handing out free carbon permits to industry to cover their 2013 emissions, the European Commission said on Friday.
07 Mar 2014 11:22
BEIJING, March 7 (Reuters) - China's carbon prices surged this week as demand firmed ahead of an upcoming deadline to report 2013 emissions data, indicating the markets may be less over-allocated than feared.
- Costa Rica opposition group says to scrap 2021 carbon neutrality target 08 Mar 14 00:11
- Latest Northeast U.S. carbon permit sales net $94 million 07 Mar 14 20:46
- Faster market reform could add 40 pct to Europe's CO2 price - Point Carbon 07 Mar 14 19:43
- EU carbon posts 2nd straight weekly drop despite record auction 07 Mar 14 18:50
- European carbon market still vulnerable to fraud: Dutch official 07 Mar 14 17:31
- EU diplomats back aviation carbon exemption, needs parliament OK 07 Mar 14 17:04
- UPDATE 1-Latest Northeast U.S. carbon permit sales net $94 million 07 Mar 14 16:42
- Italy, Romania and Spain start handing out 2013 free CO2 permits 07 Mar 14 16:36
- NZ carbon dips 1 pct this week on continuing oversupply 07 Mar 14 13:02
- China carbon prices firm ahead of deadline to report emissions data 07 Mar 14 11:22
- EPA chief: Energy rules won’t hobble business 06 Mar 14 23:10
- U.S. House advances bill curbing EPA power plant emission limits 06 Mar 14 21:53
- EU carbon rangebound ahead of supply cut 06 Mar 14 18:18
- Europe fears gas shortages if Russia cuts off Ukraine 06 Mar 14 17:44
- UPDATE 1-UK needs 100 bln pounds more to meet 2020 carbon targets 06 Mar 14 09:46
- UN says China, US climate cooperation raises hopes for global deal 06 Mar 14 09:41
- Polish utilities risk missing April EU ETS deadline: PGE emissions head 05 Mar 14 18:40
- EU carbon slips on weaker power, gas 05 Mar 14 17:13
- EU aims for carbon market reform ahead of 2030 target-setting 05 Mar 14 15:37
- Norway's Statkraft wins Flemish carbon credit tender: sources 05 Mar 14 13:01
- China to "declare war" on pollution, premier says 05 Mar 14 05:28
- EU reaches tentative deal on aviation emissions 05 Mar 14 05:23
- EU carbon rises 2 pct in volatile market 04 Mar 14 18:08
- German govt seeks CO2 cutting projects for 10 mln euro fund 04 Mar 14 15:10
- RWE's CO2 emissions fall 9 pct in 2013, hedging rate flat 04 Mar 14 13:15
Most read news
Most read News last 7 days: