Carbon Market News
29 Jul 2014 20:43
LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - European Union member states will sell a total 9.3 million aviation carbon permits across five auctions starting in September, the European Commission said on Tuesday, resuming sales following a near two-year hiatus.
29 Jul 2014 13:30
WASHINGTON, July 29 (Reuters) - The Environmental Protection Agency starts public hearings on Tuesday on its proposal to slash carbon emissions from the country's power plants, and coal miners to U.S. senators are expected to comment on the proposed rules.
29 Jul 2014 13:36
WASHINGTON, July 29 (Reuters) - Putting off expensive measures to curb climate change will only cost the United States more in the long run, the White House said on Tuesday in a report meant to bolster a series of actions President Barack Obama has proposed to address global warming.
29 Jul 2014 09:29
LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - British power producer Drax Group Plc reported a 15 percent fall in first-half earnings, hurt by the increasing cost Britain's carbon tax.
29 Jul 2014 12:18
FRANKFURT, July 29 (Reuters) - Power from renewable resources in the first half of 2014 made up 28.5 percent of German power consumption, up 3.9 percentage points from the same 2013 period and the highest half-year result to date, energy industry lobby BDEW said on Tuesday.
28 Jul 2014 17:39
LONDON, July 28 (Reuters) - European carbon prices rose to their highest in more than four months on Monday as energy prices climbed and buyers stocked up amid tighter supplies of permits and on expectations of lower auction volumes ahead.
28 Jul 2014 14:54
BEIJING, July 28 (Reuters) - The nearly 200 firms in Shanghai’s emissions trading scheme cut their CO2 output by 5.3 million tonnes in 2013 compared with 2011, government officials said Monday, according to state-owned media.
- EU sets dates for resumption of aviation carbon permit sales 29 Jul 14 20:43
- EU carbon prices drop on Russia sanction news 29 Jul 14 18:32
- Act now on climate change or see costs soar, White House says 29 Jul 14 13:36
- U.S. EPA launches hearings on power plant carbon rules 29 Jul 14 13:30
- German renewables meet 28.5 pct of power use in first half 29 Jul 14 12:18
- Power producer Drax H1 earnings fall 15 pct on carbon tax 29 Jul 14 09:29
- California and Mexico sign pact to fight climate change 29 Jul 14 03:34
- EU carbon prices climb to 4-month high 28 Jul 14 17:39
- Shanghai carbon market cut 5 mln tonnes of CO2 - paper 28 Jul 14 14:54
- INTERVIEW: U.S. envoy to U.N. aviation body hopeful on airline climate plan 28 Jul 14 14:47
- Japan, Mexico sign carbon trade deal 28 Jul 14 13:40
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project 28 Jul 14 04:15
- Europe Power- Curve prices hold on to gains, shy away from more 25 Jul 14 17:37
- NZ carbon drifts further in pre-election lull 25 Jul 14 06:39
- EU carbon sinks 1.6 pct as industrial firms seen selling 24 Jul 14 17:45
- To cut carbon emissions, give communities rights to forest land - report 24 Jul 14 17:34
- China to roll out seven pilot markets for trading water rights 24 Jul 14 12:30
- For Californians, higher costs dampen support for clean energy 24 Jul 14 10:24
- Tianjin's carbon prices hit record low this week, over-allocation worries grow 24 Jul 14 06:19
- Vattenfall says tough conditions linger as underlying profit falls 23 Jul 14 17:47
- UPDATE 2: EU approves UK capacity market, renewable support scheme 23 Jul 14 15:43
- EPA chief in hot seat as lawmakers dissect carbon rule 23 Jul 14 13:09
- EU bosses outline energy savings goal to cut need for Russian gas 23 Jul 14 13:08
- France backs 30 percent energy efficiency goal -letter 22 Jul 14 21:20
- China warns against "blind" rush to build coal-to-gas plants 22 Jul 14 11:56
Most read news
Most read News last 7 days: