Carbon Market News
16 Apr 2014 01:49
SAO PAULO, April 15 (Reuters) - Brazil, looking to offset the carbon emissions generated by construction, travel and other activities related to hosting the 2014 Soccer World Cup, said on Tuesday it wants holders of United Nations-backed carbon credits to swap them for publicity during the games.
16 Apr 2014 02:02
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - U.S. greenhouse gas emissions fell nearly 10 percent from 2005 to 2012, more than halfway toward the United States' 2020 target pledged at United Nations climate talks, according to the latest national emissions inventory.
15 Apr 2014 21:16
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Tuesday took a step toward a wider strategy to address climate change, releasing five technical papers that will help it decide whether or not to regulate methane emissions from the oil and gas sector.
15 Apr 2014 17:46
LONDON, April 15 (Reuters) - EU carbon climbed 6 percent on Tuesday on strong government auction demand and speculation that prices would climb ahead of a pause in the near-daily sales due to the Easter holiday.
15 Apr 2014 21:06
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - In a victory for the Obama administration, a U.S. appeals court on Tuesday upheld a regulation that would limit emissions of mercury and other hazardous pollutants mainly from coal-fired power plants, starting next year.
15 Apr 2014 18:44
LONDON, April 15 (Reuters) - The European Investment Bank sold 10.25 million EU carbon permits this month to complete by April 11 its fundraising for renewable energy and carbon capture projects in Europe, the bank said Tuesday.
15 Apr 2014 17:54
BERLIN, April 15 (Reuters) - Germany's economy and energy minister on Tuesday renewed calls for reform of the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS), saying the oversupplied market needs be overhauled from the next decade.
- Australia's greenhouse gas emissions fall 0.8 pct in 2013 16 Apr 14 04:25
- U.S. greenhouse gas emissions fall 10 pct since 2005 - EPA 16 Apr 14 02:02
- Brazil looks to swap World Cup publicity for carbon credits 16 Apr 14 01:49
- U.S. EPA studies whether to regulate methane from oil and gas 15 Apr 14 21:16
- U.S. appeals court upholds hazardous air pollution rule 15 Apr 14 21:06
- EIB completes carbon sales, raises 548 mln euros 15 Apr 14 18:44
- Germany renews calls for EU carbon market reform 15 Apr 14 17:54
- EU carbon up 6 pct after strong auction result 15 Apr 14 17:46
- U.N. carbon prices to remain at record lows until 2020 -Point Carbon 15 Apr 14 13:28
- Japan meets Kyoto gas emission targets with offsets 15 Apr 14 12:46
- UPDATE 1-China's Tianjin bans new steel, cement plants - report 15 Apr 14 04:10
- China set to elevate environment over development in new law 15 Apr 14 04:01
- California lawmaker scraps plan to replace carbon market with tax on fuels 15 Apr 14 03:18
- Four more EU states approved to swap U.N. carbon offsets for EUAs 14 Apr 14 18:11
- EU carbon dips 1.3 pct as permit sales near end 14 Apr 14 17:45
- City growth by almost 2 Manhattans a day said key to climate- UN 14 Apr 14 16:24
- EU states split on urgency of carbon market reform, presidency says 14 Apr 14 13:39
- Japan, Cambodia sign carbon market deal 14 Apr 14 11:01
- Step up action to curb global warming, or risks rise - UN 14 Apr 14 03:32
- U.S. Northeast carbon slips, sees surge in speculative buying 12 Apr 14 01:01
- EU carbon heading for 12 pct weekly gain ahead of supply stoppage 11 Apr 14 16:29
- Chinese firms turn to courts in CER rows with European buyers 11 Apr 14 13:21
- Nuclear industry says weak carbon price justifies state funding 11 Apr 14 10:01
- NZ carbon sturdy as all eyes on permit surrender date 11 Apr 14 06:39
- New Zealand greenhouse gas emissions rose 2.2 pct in 2012 11 Apr 14 05:13
Most read news
Most read News last 7 days: