Carbon Market News
12 Dec 2013 05:35
BEIJING, Dec 12 (Reuters) - China's Guangdong province has warned emitters that unless they bid for carbon permits in government auctions at a regulated minimum price, they will not receive any free permits under the nation's fourth emissions trading scheme, sources said.
12 Dec 2013 13:09
BRUSSELS, Dec 12 (Reuters) - EU energy ministers on Thursday failed to agree on a compromise deal to limit the use of transport fuels made from food crops, which critics say pushes up food prices and can do more harm than good to the environment.
11 Dec 2013 17:28
LONDON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Europe’s heavy industry is firing a barrage of legal challenges to cuts in the carbon permits they will get up to 2020 - subsidies worth over 4 billion euros ($5.5 billion) - with at least nine firms opening the assault in a Dutch court.
11 Dec 2013 16:37
LONDON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Most EU nations favour a gradual intervention to withdraw carbon permits from the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), the European Commission said in a statement following a meeting on Wednesday.
11 Dec 2013 19:20
LONDON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - EU carbon fell 3 percent on Wednesday as the prospect of an influx of permits from government allocations outweighed progress on a bill to cut permit supply.
11 Dec 2013 18:58
LONDON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - The European Investment Bank (EIB) sold 10.6 million carbon permits in November on behalf of the European Commission, it said on Wednesday, raising 47 million euros for renewable energy and carbon capture and storage projects.
11 Dec 2013 16:24
LONDON, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Sweden will buy 500,000 U.N.-backed carbon offsets from a clean cookstove project in Uganda by 2021, the developer of the scheme said on Wednesday.
- Governments fail to agree EU limit on food-based biofuels 12 Dec 13 13:09
- Guangdong may withhold free permits in China's 4th emissions scheme: sources 12 Dec 13 05:35
- EU carbon slips from 1-mth high as supply looms 11 Dec 13 19:20
- EIB raises 47 mln euros from selling carbon permits in Nov 11 Dec 13 18:58
- EXCLUSIVE-Heavy industry to challenge EU CO2 permit quotas 11 Dec 13 17:28
- EU nations favour smooth withdrawal of carbon permits 11 Dec 13 16:37
- Sweden to buy 500,000 CO2 credits from Uganda cookstove project 11 Dec 13 16:24
- Australian offset scheme hits milestone but future uncertain 11 Dec 13 08:33
- EPA tells court U.S. mercury, toxics rule is legally justified 11 Dec 13 01:46
- EU carbon hits 1-month high on supply cut vote 10 Dec 13 18:19
- INTERVIEW-EBRD energy strategy to focus on efficiency, less coal 10 Dec 13 16:48
- UN to buy carbon credits to offset emissions 10 Dec 13 16:22
- Industry group urges smooth withdrawal of CO2 permits 10 Dec 13 16:06
- European Parliament votes to cut carbon permit supply 10 Dec 13 12:51
- EU carbon permit auction clears at 4.80 eur/t-trader 10 Dec 13 11:03
- Guangdong to auction 3 mln carbon permits on Dec. 16 10 Dec 13 07:11
- INTERVIEW-Mexico's Pemex will have to buy CERs to cut carbon tax bill 09 Dec 13 23:48
- EU carbon jumps late in day as traders bet on key vote 09 Dec 13 19:18
- Most EU govts still show no progress in 2013 EUA allocation 09 Dec 13 19:13
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Northeast states ask EPA to crack down on Midwest pollution 09 Dec 13 16:40
- As Keystone ruling nears, Canada short on time for climate plan 09 Dec 13 14:24
- Sweden, Swiss firms join UK to buy $125 mln in CERs 09 Dec 13 14:00
- Japan, Costa Rica sign carbon offset deal 09 Dec 13 13:16
- China says poorly prepared to fight impact of climate change 09 Dec 13 10:51
- Lured by cheap coal, Southeast Asia turns away from gas 09 Dec 13 03:59
Most read news
Most read News last 7 days: