Carbon Market News
18 Sep 2014 11:14
OSLO, Sept 18 (Reuters) - A U.N. summit on climate change next week will test rich nations' willingness to fill a near-empty fund to help the poor, but pledges are likely to be far short of developing nations' hopes for $15 billion in 2014.
17 Sep 2014 11:41
LONDON, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Britain on Wednesday sold 2.71 million spot EU aviation emission allowances (EUAAs) for 5.20 euros per tonne, London-based energy exchange ICE said.
17 Sep 2014 17:51
WASHINGTON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - The White House on Tuesday announced steps to tackle a potent greenhouse gas used in refrigeration and air conditioning, of which the United States is the world's largest producer, a week ahead of a major UN summit focused on addressing climate change.
16 Sep 2014 20:22
LONDON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - European lawmakers will vote next week on whether to force Brussels officials to rethink giving billions of euros worth of carbon allowances away for free to heavy industries, after a senior Green member lodged an objection.
16 Sep 2014 19:32
LONDON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - European carbon fell to a six-week low on Tuesday as weaker German power and technical selling pulled prices lower.
16 Sep 2014 11:18
OSLO/LONDON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Investments to help fight climate change can also spur economic growth, rather than slow it as widely feared, but time is running short for a trillion-dollar shift to transform cities and energy use, an international report said on Tuesday.
15 Sep 2014 18:35
LONDON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - European carbon prices closed below 6 euros for the first time in a month on Monday as weaker power prices stoked concerns about a lack of demand from utilities.
- Green aid test for UN climate summit as poor seek $15 bln 18 Sep 14 11:14
- White House partners with industry to tackle greenhouse gas 17 Sep 14 17:51
- Britain sells 2.7m spot EUAAs for 5.20 euros each 17 Sep 14 11:41
- U.S. extends comment period on power plant carbon rule to December 17 Sep 14 05:04
- Lawmakers to test EU's 5-bln euro carbon permit giveaway 16 Sep 14 20:22
- EU carbon falls to 6-week low on weaker power, technical selling 16 Sep 14 19:32
- Slowing climate change makes economic sense; cities to lead- study 16 Sep 14 11:18
- European investment hinges on new EU team- Voestalpine CEO 15 Sep 14 18:42
- EU carbon slips below 6 euros on utility demand fears 15 Sep 14 18:35
- Barclays' lead carbon trader joins former colleague's new firm 15 Sep 14 13:43
- China plans cut in wind-power subsidies -business newspaper 15 Sep 14 10:20
- Big firms brace for global carbon price rollout -report 15 Sep 14 07:48
- Development banks pledge to step up climate action 12 Sep 14 16:08
- Warmer air caused ice shelf collapse off Antarctica 12 Sep 14 15:59
- NZ carbon rallies on U.N. offset cut-off expectations 12 Sep 14 06:27
- S.Korea increases emissions cap in proposed carbon trading scheme 11 Sep 14 10:45
- China carbon market to regulate up to 4 bln tonnes CO2 -govt official 11 Sep 14 09:24
- Brazil confirms Amazon deforestation sped up in 2013 10 Sep 14 23:59
- New EU Commission gives key economic posts to France, Britain 10 Sep 14 18:40
- German consumers can expect green power surcharge to fall next year 10 Sep 14 18:11
- China suggests cap on coal use, import curbs in draft air pollution law 10 Sep 14 08:46
- State officials challenge flexibility of U.S. EPA carbon rules 10 Sep 14 05:35
- EU carbon falls 2.4 pct on lower power, euro, OI drawdown 09 Sep 14 19:05
- UPDATE 1- Carbon surge drives greenhouse gas levels to record- WMO 09 Sep 14 11:23
- Chemical firm gets first loan in China using CO2 permits as collateral 09 Sep 14 11:19
Most read news
Most read News last 7 days: