Carbon Market News
25 Jul 2014 06:39
July 25 (Reuters) - Spot permits in New Zealand's emissions trading scheme fell 5 NZ cents over the week to close Friday at NZ$3.95 ($3.39), racking up losses for a fourth straight week as traders await general elections in September.
25 Jul 2014 17:37
FRANKFURT, July 25 (Reuters) - European power forward benchmarks on Friday inched up to match the high levels reached so far on concerns that new sanctions on Russia may lead it to curb energy exports to Europe, but stopped short of extending them.
24 Jul 2014 17:45
LONDON, July 24 (Reuters) - European carbon prices fell 1.6 percent on Thursday as industrial companies took advantage of recent price gains to offload surplus permits, increasing supply.
24 Jul 2014 06:19
BEIJING, July 24 (Reuters) - Carbon prices in China's Tianjin crumbled to the lowest level recorded in any of the seven pilot emission markets launched by the country, ahead of Friday's compliance deadline, sparking calls for the government to cut the amount of permits.
24 Jul 2014 17:34
LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Giving forest communities secure rights to their land is an effective but underused way to limit carbon emissions from deforestation, a report showed on Thursday.
24 Jul 2014 10:24
BERKELEY, Calif., July 23 (Reuters) - An overwhelming majority of California residents support the state's mandate for reducing heat-trapping greenhouse gas emissions, so long as they do not bear the higher costs of cleaner energy themselves, a new public opinion poll shows.
24 Jul 2014 12:30
BEIJING, July 24 (Reuters) - China has picked seven provinces to host pilot markets for trade in water rights, as the government battles a spreading water crisis that threatens to curtail economic growth and hurt food production.
- Europe Power- Curve prices hold on to gains, shy away from more 25 Jul 14 17:37
- NZ carbon drifts further in pre-election lull 25 Jul 14 06:39
- EU carbon sinks 1.6 pct as industrial firms seen selling 24 Jul 14 17:45
- To cut carbon emissions, give communities rights to forest land - report 24 Jul 14 17:34
- China to roll out seven pilot markets for trading water rights 24 Jul 14 12:30
- For Californians, higher costs dampen support for clean energy 24 Jul 14 10:24
- Tianjin's carbon prices hit record low this week, over-allocation worries grow 24 Jul 14 06:19
- Vattenfall says tough conditions linger as underlying profit falls 23 Jul 14 17:47
- UPDATE 2: EU approves UK capacity market, renewable support scheme 23 Jul 14 15:43
- EPA chief in hot seat as lawmakers dissect carbon rule 23 Jul 14 13:09
- EU bosses outline energy savings goal to cut need for Russian gas 23 Jul 14 13:08
- France backs 30 percent energy efficiency goal -letter 22 Jul 14 21:20
- China warns against "blind" rush to build coal-to-gas plants 22 Jul 14 11:56
- UPDATE 1-Britain sticks with tough carbon target despite opposition 22 Jul 14 11:55
- EU carbon prices hold above 6 euros as analysts see more gains 21 Jul 14 17:41
- INTERVIEW-German local utilities want help with power plants 21 Jul 14 15:11
- Some Chinese offset projects to exit CDM if allowed 21 Jul 14 14:48
- Calif. carbon slips to $11.84/tonne as market shrugs off challenge 19 Jul 14 00:53
- EU carbon posts 5 pct weekly climb on utility buying 18 Jul 14 18:29
- S.Korean finmin says planned carbon market flawed, wants delay -paper 18 Jul 14 13:40
- NZ carbon falls further as emitters stay away 18 Jul 14 06:53
- European energy prices jump on Ukraine plane crash 17 Jul 14 20:27
- EU carbon price retreats below 6 euros after hitting 4-mth high 17 Jul 14 16:27
- FACTBOX- Carbon trading schemes around the world 17 Jul 14 10:35
- Global carbon market hope fades as Australia dumps CO2 trading 17 Jul 14 09:52
Most read news
Most read News last 7 days: